Re: Mate group should require galculator instead of mate-calc

Am Mon, 08 Dec 2014 18:01:47 +0000
schrieb devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:46:03 +0400
> From: Igor Gnatenko <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Development discussions related to Fedora
> 	<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Leigh Scott <leigh123linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Mate group should require galculator instead of mate-calc
>
> Hi,
>
> my friend reported to me that mate-calc is deprected. We should use
> galculator instead.
> I've checked and found blogpost from one of mate release[0]. Please
> fix up comps.xml.
>
> Couldn't find bugzilla component for this.
>

> [0]http://mate-desktop.org/blog/2014-03-17-galculator-is-coming-to-mate/
> --
> -Igor Gnatenko

Wrong,
mate-calc isn't deprected until mate-1.10.
Also we had a lot of user feedback in a discussion at mate-forum that galculator has less featutes than mate-calc.
Most users don't want galculator!.
Please install galculator by hand if you prefer them instead of asking to change comps files.
Or is this to difficult?

Wolfgang

fedora mate maintainer and mate upstream