Self Introduction: Ethan Gafford

Hello all,

My name is Ethan Gafford; I was recently hired by Red Hat
to work upstream on the openstack-sahara project, as well
as to perform downstream packaging. I've about 5 years in
software thus far (after a prior career in nursing.) I've
specialized in data processing and analytics, data
ingestion, web service and API development, and deployment
automation/CI. I'm currently sponsored to maintain the
*sahara* packages.

Though I don't have an enormous amount of open source
experience to date, I have been an advocate of open-source
software and development methods within my private
companies for a few years, and in my last job led a team
of prior .NET engineers to become dedicated Pythonistas who
never plan to look back. I have taught and presented on
OSS tech including Python, NoSQL, and Hadoop. I'm overjoyed
to now have the freedom to directly contribute to the
open source movement, and through it to be part of the
example that OSS provides to the world that flat
collaboration and meritocracy, beyond just being good in
the abstract, outperform proprietorship and hierarchy any
day of the week.

I look forward to working with you all.

Thanks,
Ethan Gafford