Re: openoffice.org-i18n size

One other pretty uncool thing about the openoffice is that the spelling dict loads all the languages avail. Right clicking to get a spelling suggestion ends up with memory exhausted. This is on a 512MB machine. But cleaning the dict-file fixes the problem, but I don't think thats an appropriate solution.

/Daniel

Ville Herva wrote:

rpm -qi openoffice.org-i18n

Name        : openoffice.org-i18n          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.1.2                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 12.7                          Build Date: Tue Nov 23 23:38:11
2004
Install Date: Sat Nov 27 10:46:07 2004      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Productivity     Source RPM:
openoffice.org-1.1.2-12.7.src.rpm
Size        : 645925614                        License: LGPL
             ^^^^^^^^^

Would it make sense to split openoffice.org-i18n up somewhat? For example,
I'm only interested in Finnish and not about Africaans, Catalan, Arabian and
what not. 650MB is pretty much for stuff that is not needed at all; it's a
huge download (although it compresses well), but also takes up disk space
quite much.

Or is it just infeasible idea to split it in smaller parts?

BTW: Anyone tried openoffice 2.0 beta yet? I don't suppose there are fedora
rawhide compatible rpm's for it somewhere?

-- v --

v@xxxxxx