Abandoning boinc-client

Hi all,
despite my efforts and many wasted hours I'm unable to build recent versions of boinc-client (I'm stuck with errors about gtk-2.0 and gtk-3.0 co-existence). I'm only a co-maintainer, but the primary maintainer has abandoned the package to its fate long time ago (but he never orphaned it) and there are a lot of bugs that he never cared about. So, despite the fact that the package will not be orphaned, it will be de facto when I will abandon it.

It would be nice if someone more skilled can take some care to it. Apart from problems due to gtk-3.0, I think the way boinc-client works should be rethought: the daemon mode leads to many problems accessing GPU computing capabilities and detection of user activity in X. In my opinion boinc should be started by user and not by a system process and it must run project files into user home directory to allow more users on the same workstation.

Today I've made the last changes to clean up some stuff. I hope someone other has interest to take care of it.
Thank you

Mattia