Re: Re: Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Hello Free Software Friends,

I want to encourage the Fedora Community to think carefully about making a switch to another browser as the default in Fedora. I would not get hung up on these tiles (Ads) too much and remember they are necessary in order for Mozilla to continue building Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Firefox OS and supporting the very literally
hundreds of movements and thousands of events it does each year.

But that all aside I hope you will weigh whether the alternatives will provider your users any better of an experience in terms of Stability, Performance, Privacy or Trust.

I think it will be difficult to find an alternative that offers what Firefox does to your users and frankly I think you will have a fair amount of users that will be upset that you switched the default on them. Sure they can still install Firefox but the fact is Fedora users come to expect Firefox to be the default much like they expect Gnome to be the default. (Also remember there are very likely thousands of Mozilla Contributors that use Fedora)

Whatever your decision have a good release cycle and keep on building that
awesome free software!

--
Benjamin Kerensa
http://benjaminkerensa.com