Re: Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 18:40:02 +0100,
 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 18.11.2014 um 18:29 schrieb Bruno Wolff III:

Mozilla is a third party. There is no reason that they should be
contacted by default.

calling upstream "3rd party" is somehow strange
most code in fedora is from 3rd party

I am first party. Fedora is second party. I deal directly with Fedora.
Mozilla is a third party. I don't deal with them.

if you don't trust the 3rd party you *really* need to review every single line of code

I expect Fedora to protect my interests, so I don't have to do code reviews. Clearly there are limits to that, but I except some risk in order to save time and money.

*but* please avoid FUD and paranoia and claim upstream unstrustable until you can prove that instead of assume it

I made no such claim. What I don't want to have to do is to have to trust them to be responsible about data they have no need for in the first place.