Re: Removing packages that have broken dependencies in F21 tree

On 11/13/2014 02:20 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
Hi,

I would like to remove the packages that still have broken dependencies
in the F21 tree.

This is a followup to
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-October/203411.html

It makes little sense to ship something that cannot even be installed.
We're about to enter the final freeze next week in order to wrap up F21;
after the gold release is done, fixes can no longer be pushed to the
base repo. This means that anything that shipped with broken
dependencies would stay that way in the base repo throughout the F21
lifetime.

To avoid that, I'll file a FESCo ticket next Monday to approve dropping
the following packages, unless they get fixed first:

audtty
authhub
deltacloud-core
django-recaptcha
dragonegg
edelib
fatrat
flush
gdesklet-SlideShow
gdesklets-citation
gedit-valencia
gofer
gorm
juffed
leiningen
libghemical
libopensync-plugin-irmc
ltsp
meshmagick
monodevelop-vala
netdisco
nwchem
i have submitted nwchem update: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nwchem-6.5.26243-13.fc21

Best regards,

Marcin
ocaml-pa-do
openslides
openvas-client
pootle
python-askbot-fedmsg
python-coffin
python-django-addons
python-django-longerusername
rubygem-linecache19
rubygem-rubigen
rubygem-ruby-debug-base19
sugar-tamtam
totpcgi
transifex
valabind
why
zyGrib

Please note that Fedora policies allow adding new packages in the updates repo, so even if something gets dropped now, it can always be fixed and shipped in the updates repo at a later date.