Re: Join to Mozilla Location Service in Fedora

On 11/07/2014 01:33 PM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
I think it's a misconception that Google saves personal location data by
default. When you setup your device for the first time it will ask you to
enable location reporting. You can disable location reporting and delete
location history on your Android devices using this link [1]. You will also
lose access to all the value that location aware apps provide.

[1] https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3118687?hl=en

Unfortunately, this does not say that it turns off reporting of encountered SSIDs, (router) MAC address, and Cell ID information. I think if you opt not to use this data to determine your own location, it is still reported to Google to improve accuracy for those who use Google's location services.