Re: Suggested Freeze Policy change for Fedora 22+

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 14:44:06 -0400,
 Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, we learned during those questions that it's a matter of
coordination with the mirrors. They expect to have our master trees
prepared at certain times or they can't be mirrored out in time for the
Tuesday launches. So really, we need to keep to the same schedule
wherever possible.

I was really questioning that the policy didn't say how long the slip is, rather than what the amount is. Though my opinion is that it is better to always slip a week as the one or two day slips will just encourage more of what you are trying to avoid.

I think there is real risk of burn out in the QA volunteers, with not only the quick turn around commonly needed for testing right before release, but also with the really long blocker meetings leading up to that. --
devel mailing list
devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx