Re: man-db without cache update (no cron or systemd *.timer)

On 10/16/2014 12:03 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 05:53:41PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
I discussed this with Peter Schiffer and the end result was in the
future the man-db cron should be removed and man-db database should
be updated with rpm triggerand the cron job should be kept as is
until then, presicecly to prevent this from happening ( systemd
being pulled in when it should not or component magically expecting
it to be there )  and correct dependency on coreOS/baseOS components
would be kept.

Just make FESCO/FPC clean this up it was them who decided not to
make it mandatory what should or should not be migrated to timer
units and this is precisely the fallout I had expected from not
doing that.
I'm not seeing a problem here. If Peter said "no way! I'm migrating to timer
units", then maybe we would need to revisit. But as predicted, that's a
non-issue. There really is no crisis here — we can continue to make
incremental improvements as things come up, and if someone — you or anyone
else! —is interested in reviving a concerted effort to do
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/cron-to-systemd-time-units>,
I'm all for it.

Obviously you have never had to implement features on the scale I had bumbing into the brokenness in the distribution while at it and I'm still waiting for you to picked that up, you where such an expert on the matter so man up and complete this yourself and god forbit that anyone has to clean up the mess you leave behind!