Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2014-10-15 at 17UTC)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:32:50 -0600
Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * #1350 Updates Policy should require inter-dependent packages be
> >   submitted together  (nirik, 18:15:37)
> >   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1350   (nirik,
> > 18:15:38)
> >   * AGREED: Make policy changes now, defer enforcement until later
> >     (+6,0,0)  (nirik, 18:30:03)
>
> That ticket has already been closed, so I will comment here.  Say that
> I have a package that I want to update, the update breaks somebody
> else's package, and I lack the knowledge to fix that other package.
> How much waiting for the other maintainer am I required to undergo?

Speaking for myself, "A reasonable amount of time".

There are going to be cases where you can't push all interdependent
packages at the same time. You should try and avoid that, but it could
well happen.

This is one of the reasons we were talking about taskotron and
enforcement. There MUST be a way to override any auto enforcement for
at least:

* I know this one thing is broken, but it's vastly less important than
  fixing all these others.

* The test is wrong/broken/bugged.

kevin