Re: btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 13:18 +0200, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:
> El 2014-10-03 11:38, Steven Whitehouse escribió:
> > Hi,
> > I should also add (just in case anybody gets the wrong idea!) that I
> > think it should definitely be made as easy as possible for anybody who
> > wants to evaluate running btrfs on Fedora, but it is far too early to
> > make it the default yet,
> >

> I agree with your opinion, it's a bit too early. An experienced user can
> deal with the idiosyncrasies of btrfs and it's great when you learn it,
> but pushing it as the default seems too adventurous.
>
> I want to add to the list of problems the performance degradation over
> time in database-like files (journal, vm images, firefox and other
> sqlite db). I have experienced minutes of delay consulting the journal
> in heavily fragmented journal files.

I still have to agree with not making btrfs the default.

Sadly, I see BUG(), ENOSPC error reports (seem to have returned), and
btrfs-progs SEGV reports on the btrfs mailing quite regularly and while
much of the functionality may now be stable all the features of the
default file system will get stressed more than the other file systems,
including the perhaps not so stable ones.