Re: Dash as default shell

Hi

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
But the prompt for doing so is a security incident that has already
been fixed.  If this was really a worthwhile endeavour, why hasn't it
come up before?

Our needs continue to evolve.  We didn't consider size as much before but there is a renewed focus in keeping the core small in part due to products like Fedora Cloud.
The security issues brought up some related discussions elsewhere although that isn't the key focus.  The size of dash is obviously much smaller. The performance has been shown to be better.  It is already adopted by Debian/Ubuntu for many years and I thought it might be worth considering now regardless of the past.

Rahul