Re: [RETRACTION] Re: Unofficial Poll: Flock 2015 (North America) Bids

On 24/09/14 19:54, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> E.g. in June, flights to Boston are US$ 850 vs US$ 1400 in August. Maybe
>> it's a good idea to move the conference out of main holiday season?
>
> Are you located in EMEA or APAC? Because Flock alternates between North
> America and EMEA I think partially because of this reason...

I missed last two Flocks, because they were in main holiday season. It's
way easier for me to travel, when kids are in school.

> As one of the folks who put together a bid - I wasn't aware dates far
> outside of August were really an option - we definitely could have
> gotten much better rates outside of the high vacation season (late
> spring would have worked really well.) I was told going outside of the
> summer makes it more difficult for Europeans to travel because it falls
> outside of their vacation time. If this isn't the case and it makes it
> harder, I agree we need to re-evaluate the time of year for the conference.

Thank you for putting this lovely bid together, it's really an exciting
place. If there is the chance, please re-evaluate the time and e.g move
it to late spring or early summer.

Matthias