Re: [systemd-devel] I wonder… why systemd provokes this amount of polarity and resistance

Am 22.09.2014 um 19:51 schrieb Reindl Harald:

>>> Harald was saying that this is one of the things he wants to do but can’t because both the messages he wants and
>>> doesn’t want to record have the same priority.
>>
>> You know as well as I do that we will not alter the priority label on messages sent from the program based on
>> administrators inability to come up with filters in rsyslog. o_O
>>
>> And for the record Harald is not using systemd journal he's using rsyslog and he's complaining about unnecessary
>> entries in /var/log/messages which he could simply filter out all systemd related messages out of /var/log/messages
>> and into it's own file by adding this entry to rsyslog.conf which you would not have to explain to a capable
>> administrators because he would have already consulted upstream documentation how to achieve that.
>>
>> ":programname, isequal, "systemd" -/var/log/systemd.log"
>
> i already explained why this is a bad idea
>
>> or by more advanced rsyslog filter, which just filter the info message from the systemd daemon to the log file systemd
>>
>> "if $programname == 'systemd' and $syslogseverity <= '6' /var/log/systemd.log"
>
> and who told you that this also don't flter out relevant messages?

to be precise the "capable administrator" wrote way too much such
rules in the past just because systemd, but that ones laking
a simple "user-session" in the message to define clear what
should go to a own file

the same time ignorant and abusive people like you call
other incompetent could be used to just make the messages
clear, a part of that over the time growing amount of
messages notify about the same what crond anyways do
can be filtered - the rest not really

 # Log systemd-logind to /var/log/secure
:programname, isequal, "systemd-logind"             -/var/log/secure
:programname, isequal, "systemd-logind" stop
:msg, contains, "Starting Session" stop
:msg, contains, "Started Session" stop
:msg, contains, "Stopping Session" stop
:msg, contains, "Stopped Session" stop