Re: ca-certificates 2014.2.1 will remove several still valid CA certificates with weak keys

Am 09.09.2014 um 08:26 schrieb Adam Williamson:
> certificate_list
>       This is a sequence (chain) of certificates.  The sender's
>       certificate MUST come first in the list.  Each following
>       certificate MUST directly certify the one preceding it.  Because
>       certificate validation requires that root keys be distributed
>       independently, the self-signed certificate that specifies the root
>       certificate authority MAY be omitted from the chain, under the
>       assumption that the remote end must already possess it in order to
>       validate it in any case

sure?

IMHO normally i bild a PEM file for httpd over years with
cat intermediate.pem ca.pem cert.pem key.pem > your.pem

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ also says that's fine
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=secure.thelounge.net

well, i happily admit that i did it wrong and rebuild the
PEM-files while the order has some logic for me

* "ca.pem" is sigend by "intermediate.pem"
* first load "intermediate.pem" to verify "ca.pem" against it
* at the end the server cert signed by the chain before