Re: is there a way to view a spec file?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Something like github for fedora, where I can view/dl arbitrary files?  I'd like
> to be able to view a spec file for any given package, without d/l the whole
> package.

CentOS is doing something like this at https://git.centos.org.
Unfortunately, it's nightmarishly bad for simple viewability of
specific RPM You see, they seem unwilling to believe in 'git tags'.
They believe that it's somehow smarter and more reliable to rely on
using a git log with the word "import" in it as an indicator of which
corresponding SRPM the repository is tied to, and using the revision
of that git log as the way to indicate the state of the git repo for
that SRPM build.

I leave it to our faithful readers to ponder the number of ways this
is *completely* nuts. It's also already broken, with SRPM's being
built without a corresponding "git log" entry in the git repository
for at least one package. I also leave it to our faithful readers to
look over the festonery and contemplate the security implications of
not using signed git tags to ensure the provenance of the contents of
a local git clone of a remote repository with critical system
software.

Please, please, please never do this with Fedora? Please? If and as we
use git repos, use tags?