Re: Add Gparted into Live's

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 17:30 -0700, Thomas Gilliard wrote:
> Unfortunately gparted is the only way to repair a usb stick dd'd with
> fedora. Need to use gparted's "create a new mbr" and formatting it
> fat32, boot flag set. The included "disks"  does not seem to have this
> feature.

Disks can do this. I presume you know how to use Disks to format the
stick and create a new FAT 32 partition, since that's pretty
straightforward. To make the partition bootable, highlight the
partition, select Edit Partition from the little gear menu at the
bottom, then check Bootable.

> This is needed for fedora liveusb-creator GUI to create a bootable
> live USB stick.

Or you could use Disks to create the bootable live USB stick without
messing with any of this: just open the gear menu and click Restore Disk
Image. You can also right click on the file in Nautilus and select Open
With -> Disk Image Writer, which takes you to the same place (and the
only thing you have to do is select the stick from the dropdown menu;
couldn't be easier).