Re: Add Gparted into Live's

On 2014-08-09 00:46 (GMT+0200) Reindl Harald composed:

So what's a live media boot good for if not things little other
than live media boot can support

to test Fedora without install it on a computer
already running a different OS

That is only *a* reason.

(what one does not do every day)? Shouldn't live media
have some carrots to compensate for their sloth?

for the usecase of this topic there are special distributions
http://gparted.org/livecd.php

One might rather have one good live that does most or all things one needs live for than a whole bunch of limited purpose media which one might need to guess what purpose caused their presence in a larger live media collection.

Then again, when I need a live media boot, I only trust the
live media granddaddy to have everything I need

you can't have *everything* you *may* need in every imagineable
situation and since the space on a live-CD is not endless you
need to draw a line and include packages useful for *most*
users to get a feeling if Fedora could be the right OS for
the future

CD, probably, but most who can download or use a CD can do the same with a DVD, and a DVD can do most things well for which one uses live media. Testing of a distro is a whole panoply of special cases frequently changing.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/