Re: Contact info - Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip)

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 14:28:30 -0700,
 Michael Stahnke <stahnma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey, sorry for not getting some of these updated (you also didn't stay on
#fedora-ruby long enough for me to respond). I find that updating many of
these breaks API, because ruby library authors are really good at fixing
security problems while introducing new issues. Many of them I didn't think
I could update in EPEL -- for example moving rails from 2.x to 3.x is a
HUGE change.

This is a bit sideways, but concerns another Ruby issue. The i686 version of rubylibs uses sse2 instructions (as the builders seem to support it) without checking to make sure the machine that is running the code has support for them.

This breaks xchat and causes issues for some web pages in midori on AMD i686 processors.

Bugs 1101811 and 1103967 seem to have this as their root cause.