Re: HEADSUP: json-c SONAME BUMP

>> If the udpate broke packages: a) it should not have been updated on stable
>> releases (was it?),
>
> Two updates have been filed hours ago,
>
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/json-c-0.12-1.fc20
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/json-c-0.12-1.el6
>
> and it seems the upgrade has not been examined at all. I've mentioned in
> bugzilla that there are tools such as rpmsodiff and abi-compliance-checker.

There is no way an intrusive change such as this should be going
through to a stable release such as F-20, even worse for an EPEL
release. If it's deemed that a change such as this needs to go through
to a stable release due to something severe such as a security issue
it needs to announced before it happens and coordinated widely before
randomly being pushed without any details with dependent libraries and
applications.

Peter