Re: WARNING: malicious code

On 07/08/2014 08:53 AM, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
That may well be an issue with your imagination (or even experience). As
for me, I'm struggling to imagine why would anyone do that
intentionally.

I've seen something very much like this in response to posts on comp.lang.lisp where the respondent assumed that the poster asked for help with their homework, so it was intended as some form of punishment.

Sadly, devel hasn't much more culture of conduct left than comp.lang.lisp, so it is at least conceivable that someone would attempt to score a point in a discussion about patch submission procedures by showing that it's risky to accept contributions. I'm not saying that this is what has happened, but we have to be prepared for silliness like that (and academics submitting patches with intentional defects as part of their research studies etc.).