Re: F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Am 11.06.2014 16:08, schrieb drago01:
> We should really just do the right think and properly obsolete yum
> without a compact package ... keeping yum serves no purpose. As for
> Matthew's mail ... I don't think people will forgot about Seth because
> yum is gone if that's the case it would be really sad.... also why
> maybe his biggest yum was not his only contribution

if it obsoletes and replaces yum it has to provide /usr/bin/yum

because one of the reasons Linux is not that widely used is
because you have all the time replace and rewrite things while
a smart upstream could avoid that by just place symlinks or
not break compatibility for the sake of changes

and yes i think it would be a great idea install DNF only on
new F22 setups while obsolete and replace yum finally one
release later to get more widely testing and at the same
time avopid to break 5 and more years old server setups
with scripting around yum because some of the early bugs
maybe be reported by the users of new install and fixed
until F23