Re: Build lua libraries also for compat-lua?

On 05/29/2014 06:31 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:17:39AM +0200, Jan Kaluža wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing with an idea of building lua libraries against compat-lua to
allow luajit working with them. My initial motivation for this is that there
are projects which don't work with Lua-5.2 and developers for various
reasons don't want to port it to lua-5.2 yet (for example Prosody package).

I'm OK with creating bugs and patches against some basic lua modules
(basically the ones I need myself for Prosody :) ), but at first I wanted to
ask Lua people here what do they think about it?

   Hi,

   Was there any progress with this?  I'd love to see working Prosody package in F20.

I have persuaded one proven packager to do this change in Fedora Rawhide and it looks there is no problem with it and Prosody is working in Rawhide now. I think I will ask him to backport this into F20, so I can rebuild Prosody in F20 too.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza