Re: Are wildcards permitted in Requires: lines in spec files?

On 16/05/14 11:28, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

Are they permitted, and do they work?

Specifically I need to install all the Xorg drivers (since I don't
know what hardware will be installed on the target machine), thus:

   Requires:      xorg-x11-drv-*

I'm not sure if they work but I think a wildcard would be too broad in most cases anyway (could pull in -debuginfo packages, etc. too) but this should help in your case:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/xorg-x11-drivers/

"The purpose of this package is to require all of the individual X.Org driver rpms, to allow the OS installation software to install all drivers all at once, without having to track which individual drivers are present on each architecture. By installing this package, it forces all of the individual driver packages to be installed."

Andy