Re: Detecting unnecessary build requirements

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would think you would need to step through the BR:'s get the capabilities
> of the packages that the -devel package pull in, and then check that against
> the requires of the resultant packages.

BR's don't always map/result into any dependencies in binary packages.

Of course, I'm not talking about anything fully automated. The package maintainer would need to review the result of the findings to determine if the BR's were actually superfluous.

Thanks,
Richard