Re: F21 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 15:36 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Simo Sorce wrote:
>
> > Why would you care for the domain name as provided by dhcp ?
>
> internal DNS views, eg server.internal.corp.com where the search domain
> gets set to "internal.corp.com" and "server.corp.com" does not exist.
>
> > By default you wouldn't want that as you roam with a fedora laptop on
> > completely untrusted dhcp networks that can push whatever crap as a
> > search path.
>
> Yes, which is why we tentatively came to the conclusion the best
> compromise for this is "if the user authorizes to connect to this
> network, allow it". Eg using physical cable or WPA secrets.

Note that with NetworkManager, no WiFi connection is ever made (even
open) without the user explicitly requesting it.  If you have the
NetworkManager-config-server RPM installed, then no ethernet connection
is ever made without the user explicitly configuring it.  So I'm not
sure the description quite fits...

Dan