Re: fedora-atomic discussion point: /usr/lib/passwd

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
can you use an actual chroot ?

Calling chroot tends to imply running code from the target system.  I'd prefer to avoid that by default.  In practice some things are going to require it, but the more we can avoid it, the better.

I am not sure I understand the fdatasync() argument here ? sssd uses a database, so it is indeed probably "heavy" on f(data)sync for your standards (?).

It's not about how heavy the use of fsync is - it's whether to do it at all.  There are two cases where we *don't* want to fsync - mock chroots and initial installs in Anaconda.  For the other cases, like upgrading a running system, we do.