Re: F21 Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE display manager instead of KDM

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:14:11 +0200, Petr Pisar <ppisar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2014-04-14, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
= Proposed Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE display manager
instead of KDM =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM

Is the SDDM mature enough to replace more-or-less working KDM?

I ask because there has not been a release yet (the one year old
0.1.0 was just a payground snapshot).

Even such fundamental thing like user authentication is unfinished (use
`getpwent()` instead of reading from `/etc/passwd`
<https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/123>).

-- Petr

Coincidentally, one patch for getpwent was merged today.
The community around the project is becoming more active these days, we're considering options to replace the original author, that doesn't seem to have enough time for proper maintenance (despite coming back to live a few hours ago).