Re: Considering GNOME 3.12 as an F20 update

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 03:52:49PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Did any of your gnome-shell extensions break ?
> Isn't this inevitable? If any extensions only claim to support 3.10 then
> they'll stop working until updated.

I've had a pretty good experience here this time around. Almost everything
worked when I told it to not do the check, and others were updated. Also,
when I look at https://extensions.gnome.org/ sorted by popularity, _most_ of
the top ones are already updated. I'd like to see an effort to get the
remaining few that are on the top N pages updated, and then I'd be pretty
comfortable recommending this as an F20 update.

When I'm _running_ 3.12, I can get the web site to give me a list of all
the extensions sorted by popularity, with the ones that aren't compatible
grayed out. Can one do that _for 3.12_ from a 3.10 system? Then I can send
out a link that says "Check if the stuff you really care about needs a
update".

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"