Re: F21 Self Contained Change: Security Policy In The Installer

Am 14.03.2014 20:51, schrieb Miloslav Trmač:

>     why is only the average user relevant?
>
>     how do usesers get "advanced"?
>     by notice things which sounds interesting, ignore them the
>     first time, use Google and doing the same again no longer
>     skip things
>
> Offering the user to use one of the pre-defined SCAP policies during installation does not educate them much—all
> they learn is the names of the pre-defined policies.  /Reading and modifying/ the policies would very likely be a
> great way to learn, but that definitely shouldn't happen within the installer.

only mention the pure existence and lead to the one or another
after the install types "SCAP policies" in Google would be a
gain - that is how you make people interested

a few years ago i also did not know the word SCAP until i tried to
setup a security scanner for our internal network (OpenVAS) and
so i learned all my current advanced knowledge by plug such random
pieces faced here and there together and finally started working in
the IT and cintuned to learn every single day