Re: F21 Self Contained Change: Security Policy In The Installer

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 03:41:30PM -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 07:31:55PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > How does the average user make an informed decision about whether an
> > available security policy is appropriate for them?
>
> I guess we'll have to describe the different policies and provide
> approprate documentation/education.  You know, pretty much how we get
> users to understand whether or not they should encrypt their hard
> drives or assign the first user as an administrator or anything else
> they do with their computer.

The failure mode of making the wrong choice regarding an encrypted
partition or the default user being an administrator involves the system
*continuing to work*. The failure mode of making the wrong choice
regarding security policy is that things you expect to work mysteriously
don't.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx