Re: [Guidelines Change] Changes to the Packaging Guidelines

Am 10.03.2014 03:35, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> in fact *nothing* at all should refer to /bin and /sbin after UsrMove
>> as the waeking of the package guidelines is a sign of missing courage
>> in the context of such invasive changes - well, looks like i need
>> to continue fix the still extsinting mess of that half-baken change
>> becaue my SPEC files are all-or-nothing and after nobody cared about
>> my warnings to do UsrMove it is a bad sign that it *never* was finished
>
> Unfortunately, the guidelines actually got "fixed" to condone the broken
> practice of still installing files to /bin and /sbin. :-(

"waeking" should have been "weaking" and point exactly to that
major mistake, that we we suffer the next 10 years of UsrMove

at least glibc and perl should be fixed to provide both
currently i do that on private meta-packages to prevent
big troubles each dist-upgrade in case of packages using
both involved in the transaction

Provides:  %{_bindir}/perl
Provides:  %{_sbindir}/ldconfig