Re: Proposal: Don't show applications in the software center with XPM icons

On 6 March 2014 18:51, Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not showing app, because they have bad looking icons, seems like a bad idea
> to me.

I'm not sure anyone will be surprised in my goal of making the
applications we show users have high quality content. XPM icons are a
good first step, then it'll be things like missing icon transparency,
AppData, translated AppData over the next few releases. The
alternative is we set the bar so high that only a dozen or so apps are
visible at first and the software center is useless for most users. I
also hope people are noticing the *hundreds* of upstream bugs I've
opened trying to raise the bar for all applications, rather than just
a "thou shall do X, Y, Z".

I'm working at the moment on a tool that packagers and upstreams can
use to find out issues and recommendations. When it's finished enough
for some feedback I'll post some links.

Richard