Re: hierarchical comps groups proposal

> My concern would be how deeply woven the current format is into our tools -
> it's yum, PK, DNF, anaconda, and all the tools built on top of it. It's
> exposed in kickstart. It's expected to be handled by older versions on
> upgrade, or even by mock when constructing arbitrary build roots.
>
> So care would need to be taken to figure out a good way to land this all at
> once, in a way that's backwards compatible enough to not break other things.

True, so maybe Miloslav's suggestion of using XML entities to implement this
might indeed the safest and most pragmatic at this time.
Presumably that would only need changes to the generation of comps.xml
files themselves.

Jens

ps (In the long term I would not mind seeing more drastic changes though,
like maybe even changing to YAML format or something similar.)