Re: Server Technical Specification: Agenda and First Draft

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the sake of keeping people in the loop, here's a first pass at the
> Fedora Server technical specification that we will be discussing in a
> meeting in #fedora-meeting-1 in about 75 minutes.
>
> If you can't attend, please make comments on the
> server@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list, so they're all in one place.

Just copying IRC snipped from #fedora-devel:

<drago01> sgallagh: "systemd-nspawn will be used to manage
containerization capabilities. " did I miss something or doesn't
upstream say that it should not be used for anything that needs
secruity?
<sgallagh> drago01: Last I heard, the Dans (Walsh and Berrange) had
SELinux working with it now.
<mclasen> dargo01: I think that statement may be evolving ?
<sgallagh> And Docker is moving to systemd-nspawn and away from lxc
<mclasen> but certainly valuable to raise the question on the list,
and see if lennart, dan or dan want to chime in
<drago01> sgallagh: "Note that even though these security precautions
are taken systemd-nspawn is not suitable for secure container setups.
Many of the security features may be circumvented and are hence
primarily useful to avoid accidental changes to the host system from
the container. The intended use of this program is debugging and
testing as well as building of packages, distributions and software
involved with boot and systems mana
<drago01> gement." [1]
<sgallagh> So it's definitely the way forward.
<drago01> sgallagh, mclasen : ok makes sense

So I am not sure if that has changed yet or not but if it has we
should at least get the man page updated.

1: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-nspawn.html
(man page)