Re: Help Wanted: Fedora.next schedule estimation

> tl;dr: FESCo needs to know what is going to need extra time to deliver
> Fedora.next in the Fedora 21 cycle.

[snip]

>  * Websites Team: What sort of redesign work will we need to go through?

Websites Team planned to redesign the whole website from scratch,
unifying also the layout of the subdomains such as start.fpo or
fudcon.fpo and simplifying the code.
We are already testing the main features and layout on a specific
branch, and will merge it all to the final "fedora-next" branch in the
next week to continue working there.

Normally we need two weeks to update the pages for the first
pre-release, this time we need at least 6 weeks before Alpha Release
date to have all the pages running fine. This means we need to know
the content, features, DL links, images and all the related
informations we usually provide on our websites, as soon as possible.
It's not needed to have them all before starting the work on
fedoraproject.org, but updates about what will be included in F21
should be more constant and specific. I know there are a lot of
discussions, but if we want to release within 2014 we should really
start figuring out some concrete topics. For example spins, there was
a long discussion on them, but we don't have any decision yet of how
they should look like. I guess we will not provide them any more
through spins.fpo, but that's a point we really need to know soon.

> PRDs, Discussion Lists and Freenode IRC Channels:
>
> Fedora Cloud:
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_PRD
>     cloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     #fedora-cloud
>
> Fedora Server:
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document
>     server@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     #fedora-server
>
> Fedora Workstation:
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD
>     desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     #fedora-workstation
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/taskotron_development_plan
> Version: GnuPG v1

Thank you for collecting all this stuff in this topic, we really
depend on the WG actually and we should also think about L10n, which
need time to translate all the new strings we are going to produce
(and not only websites, also docs etc)
If anything changes from our side, I will update it here.

Cheers.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)