Re: advertisement in packaged software

On 02/12/2014 10:46 AM, Kai Engert wrote:
Do the Fedora guidelines allow packaging of software that will show
advertisement to the user?

I think it's difficult define what precisely is an advertisement, but I hope Fedora will be able to avoid this trap, particularly because advertising is so much about tracking users these days.

Are there any existing packages that already do that?

Install mozilla-noscript and run:

$ sandbox -t sandbox_web_t -X firefox

You will see visually obnoxious nag screen. The Mozilla tab might qualify as an ad as well.

There is also the Emacs startup screen, but I find it less invasive.