Re: Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-12-18)

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 07:48:58PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Matt could have contacted the QA community directly instead of going
> behinds it's back as well as FESCo could have chosen to redirected
> him there instead of proceeding with the ticket and spend their time
> focusing on something that falls within their realm to fix or decide
> upon.

How did this get into an argument about who owns what territory?

The EOL bug procedure is part of the overall Fedora process, something
approved by FESCo in 2008. As I've talked about Fedora with many users, I've
heard many complaints about the process being unfriendly, and when someone
demonstrated _this_ problem -- being unable to reopen despite being the
reporter -- I wanted to make sure that was fixed.

I admit that I do feel some personal responsibility, as the current
procedure is a refinement of something I started doing with FC2 bugs. But I
don't really care _who_ fixes it or who it belongs to. I'm incredibly happy
for that to be someone else, as long as they're interested in actually
improving the user and contributor experience.

--
Matthew Miller  --  Fedora Project Architect --  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>