Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 20 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:36:37 +0100
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> should this not be also available as torrent?
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
>
> currently only the Beta
> i would like to help with my bandwidth and my beta-tracker is
> obsolete now

TC (test compose) and RC's (Release Candidates) are not mirrored or
torrented. There are a number of reasons for this:

* Often they come fast and furious, meaning that by the time you setup
  one and started it mirroring or seeding, it would be out of date and
  the next one would be along.

* They are not for general consumption. They are for folks
  validating/testing the release. We don't want people to install them
  who aren't interested in helping test.

* The entire set of them is kinda large and mirrors wouldn't like the
  high delta and large amount of disk space for something not so many
  people would hit.

There will be of course torrents for Fedora 20, likely setup on monday.
Please do help us seed those.

kevin