Re: Self-introduction

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 06:56:15PM -0800, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
>> I've been using Fedora for quite a few years as my main desktop OS,
>> and I think it's time I contributed back by writing some packages.
>> (Also, there are packages I want -- I might as well create them.)
>
> Hi Andrew, and welcome to the contributor side of things. I'm not a sponsor
> but I'm always glad to see more people get involved.

Thanks!

> Also I would like to see these INFINITY TIMES FASTER benchmarks you mention.
> Maybe we can apply that technology to other parts of Fedora. :)

:)

It's an exaggeration, of course.  In all of the other serialization
formats I know of, users first compose a message in some intermediate,
friendly format, and then the library serializes or deserializes that
data.  In Cap'n Proto, the intermediate format *is* the wire format,
so the final step is unnecessary.  Hence it's "INFINITY TIMES FASTER"!

--Andy