Re: ABRT in the comps group 'standard'

On 12/06/2013 01:14 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Dne 6.12.2013 14:05, Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
On 12/06/2013 01:59 PM, Václav Pavlín wrote:
I think abrt serves as good source of info in case of unexpected crashes, which is quite important to have stable system. So although being puzzled is not very nice, being disappointed by crashing applications is much worse from my
point of view.

So try to look at it from broader perspective - I see more benefits in having abrt installed.

While this is true - my mother have no clue what Bugzilla means, and even what is bug report - well in her term it is phone call to me "Son, some weird box pop up, what should I do? I already hit Esc and Enter and it still sit there".

This is disadvantage of being popular. Not every user is power user.

If I am not mistaken, ABRT can send ureports without any need to use BZ. And in G3, there popups just small notification. So you exaggerate a bit.

Popups on all desktop we ship?

And how about embedded/server ( abrt outside desktop installs )

And what purpose does abrt serve if there aren't people fixing the issue it reports on the other end...

No abrt should be opt-in not opt-out at install time.

JBG