Re: when Fedora 20 updates kernel to 3.12 ?

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 19:33:32 +0000,
  Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
kernel 3.12 is out a long time, and still do see it on Fedora 20, to me
doesn't make sense update it , just after lunching , should be test on
test before .
The politic of update stable kernel is fast to please me , sometimes in
middle of a stable release you bump kernel , almost without testing
it .
Now that we are in testings, you don't put new kernel on that .
Doesn't make sense to me.

3.12 was not quite ready for beta, so it was decided to release with 3.11. Since the media are fixed at release it is very bad to have kernel bugs in them, so we are conservative with the version used with a Fedora release. 3.12 is available in the rawhide-nodebug repo now. It will probably be available as a zero day update for F20 (or will be an update shortly after release).