Re: Announcing the release of Fedora 20 Beta!

On 12 November 2013 19:49, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> *** Note on performance ***
>
> Fedora development releases use a kernel with extra debug information to help
> us understand and resolve issues faster; however, this can have a significant
> impact on performance. Refer to the kernel debug strategy for more details. You
> can boot with slub_debug=- or use the kernel from nodebug repository to disable
> the extra debug info.

This is inaccurate.  The kernels we ship in Beta are typically not
debug kernels.  Booting with slub_debug=- on the Beta kernel is a
no-op, and there isn't a nodebug repository for Branched.

> *** Issues and Details ***
>
> Heisenbug Alpha is a testing release. To report issues encountered during

Probably should have said Heisenbug Beta....

The release notes also mention Zimbra support in Evolution but this appears to be pushed back to 3.11 ...

 https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features/Zimbra