[Fedora Base Design WG] Committee FESCO approved, next steps

Hi everyone.

A quick update from my side regarding the Base Design WG:

- My proposed committee was approved by FESCO last Wednesday. One negative vote came from Stephen Gallagher that he would have very much preferred to have Lennart instead of Harald or Josh on the committee.

- IRC meeting time. I've set up a http://whenisgood.net/fimbxij/ event where every committee member has now responded. The current best time slots would be Monday 19:00 UTC or Friday 15:00 UTC. At both times only Jon Disnard wouldn't be able to join, so i'll follow up with him personally to see if he could make it to one of them somehow. The 2nd best options would be Friday 14:00 UTC or Friday 17:00 UTC. For the former Bill Nottingham and Jon Disnard wouldn't be able to join, for the later Jaroslav Reznik and Bill Nottingham. For this week to get things underway i'll propose to use the Friday 15:00 UTC timeslot as an initial meeting time where we can discuss the first important topics and tasks the committee needs to work on And to reiterate one point: EVERYONE is invited to join these meetings and participate in the discussions there. Just because you are not a committee member doesn't mean you can voice your ideas, comments, questions, concerns or thoughts during the meetings. This will make a difference and can only make a difference if you do so.

 - The main topics for the meeting agenda from my side will be:
o Governance discussion & draft (Proposal: Review other WGs governance drafts & create our own based on those) o Regular meeting times (stay with Friday 15:00 PM or move somewhere else?)
   o Base mailing list discussion (yes/no, pros/cons)
   o QE representation discussion (who, how, status, etc)
   o Role of Base Design group discussion ->
   o Start of collecting ideas for Base Design. Proposal: Use wiki
       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Base
Maybe something like a mission statement first that relates to the idea that the Base Design is the platform for all other direct Fedora products (there can potentially be other separate products based on our original products or others consuming Base in the future).

Thats it for now.

Thanks everyone!

Regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Manager Core Services        | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111