Status of packages buffer mindi mindi-busybox mondo

Hello Bruno!

A few days ago on Fedora devel@ list, the ancient and stalled Review Request
of mindi-busybox has been pointed at. Together with the hint that the
submitter is still waiting to be sponsored since five years. That's also
the reason I'm posting a copy of this message to devel@ list.

When I've had a first look in bugzilla, I've discovered that the ticket
has not been displayed properly in the review queue, because it was assigned
to a reviewer via the "fedora-review" flag. The review request tracker
displays such tickets on a separate page only,
  http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/
and potential reviewers as well as sponsors assume somebody else is
working on the review. There are various reasons why a review may have
stalled. Only occasionally somebody makes extra effort to recheck aging
tickets. Here, there has been no progress in that ticket at all until
recently when it has been discovered.

As a next step, I've located a few related review requests, since there
are inter-dependencies. I've found:

  mindi : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/187317
  mondo : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/187318
  mindi-busybox : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/476234
  buffer : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/759818

There is some confusion, and it's not easy to track down the details:

1) Package "buffer" is a re-review, because it has been retired in 2011
after it FTBFS. The re-review had been assigned to the "buffer" component,
so it has not been displayed as a Review Request anywhere.

2) It has been questioned why it had been retired. Dist git claims:

  http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/buffer.git/plain/dead.package
  | This package was retired on 2011-07-25 due to it being unable to
  | build this package for multiple releases (FTBFS).

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/scm-commits/2011-July/639234.html

But koji shows a successful build on 2011-02-08 as done by Dennis Gilmore
for the Fedora 15 mass-rebuild:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=7297

In July 2011, it has been listed as "orphan",

  [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages in F-16 (final warning)
  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-July/154622.html

and I could not find out its status at that time. Pkgdb activity gets
logged to scm-commits@ list, so perhaps somebody else has more luck.

3) In koji, dist git and pkgdb, I've found that user "bcornec" has been
an approved packager before *and* even the maintainer of that package:

  [pkgdb] buffer was added for bcornec
  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/scm-commits/2008-December/231912.html
  an older FTBFS ticket for that maintainer:
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/511589

In the Fedora Account System, user "bcornec" is not a member of the
"packager" group anymore. What has happened there?

4) In the review queue, the review requests have been submitted using three
different e-mail addresses.

What's the status/plan with regard to these package review requests?

Regards,

--
Michael Schwendt (mschwendt)
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug) - Linux 3.12.0-0.rc6.git1.2.fc21.x86_64