Re: pycairo

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, is this Review request still "live" and waiting for a reviewer,
> or is is "dead", and waiting for a new prospective maintainer?
> It would be great if the involved parties could provide some hints.

Dead de facto. But it has many comaintainers. I hope we can finish
this review but unfortunately J5 is not working on this area now,
thusly we need someone else.

Essentially, this package should get an update first as the latest
version was released in 2011, then we can see if it's possible to
change its name. But now as name change bug has been posted for
years(from f15 era, then dup of this one), we should think about both
simultaneously.

All comaintainers of this package are not willing to do that:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/pycairo

alexl
caillon
caolanm
hadess
mclasen
rhughes
rstrode
ssp
xiphmont

This package is pretty old comparing with other distros, this is not
bleeding edge but really need an update. And if someone want to set
python3 as default interpreter, you will find Fedora doesn't have its
py3 version, which is also being required by at least these on py2.x
version:

bkchem
dogtail
gnome-activity-journal
gnome-desktop
graphite-web
gtg
icaro
labyrinth
lv2-fil-plugins
pitivi
pycairo-devel
pygobject3
pygtk2
python-cairosvg
python-matplotlib
python-pycha
python-xdot
yumex

So? I don't know.

I hope some people like rhughes/hadness(who is of course alive and has
commit acl, too) can update it. But I think my words are tiny.
--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

Fєdоґa ї₴ al$о a кїпd оf нaт lїкє Яёd Haт.

http://cicku.me