Is rpmbuild reentrant?

Is it healty to execute rpmbuild while building a package?

I have tests for perl dependencency generator filters. I.e. the tests
build a package using rpmbuild with redefeined all the `_*dir' macros,
then use librpm to query requires and provides from built package, and
then do checks on the values.

I'm thinking how to plug the tests into Fedora. The simplest solution is
to run the tests in %check phase of a package (I don't know which one,
but it does not matter which one).

I've already heard warnings that calling rpm from package scriptlets is
not recommend.

What the situation with rpmbuild?

-- Petr