how to withdraw glusterfs from epel?

Before too much longer I will need to withdraw the glusterfs. (glusterfs-3.2.7 fwiw, very out of date, this version is a Requires for another package, HekaFS.)

Withdrawal becomes necessary when RHEL starts to ship a subset of the glusterfs packages.

But instead of withdrawing it, what if I were to alter it to simply install /etc/yum.repos.d/community-glusterfs.repo file? This repo file would point to YUM repo(s) on download.gluster.org.

Would that conform to the Fedora policy wrt not shipping packages that conflict with packages in RHEL.

If this is acceptable, I could do this sooner and not wait for the packages to appear in RHEL. (Well, I just withdraw glusterfs from EPEL now, for that matter, I very much doubt many people are using HekaFS+glusterfs, but that's beside the point.)

Thoughts?

--

Kaleb