Re: some people let packages in f20-updates-candidate

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 01:50:34 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> > > I know that, but I haven't permissions "sergiomb does not have commit
> > > access to azureus"
> > >
> > > we need o provenpackager and the question is more how request a Bodhi
> > > update to a provenpackager ?
> >
> > First find out _why_ those builds have not been submitted as test-updates.
>
> Yes, this is the question. I think people thinks that works like rawhide
> and don't need to submit the package, it is not the first time that I
> see packages that are not submitted . Yesterday I found 2 . And this
> might be a problem .

Communicate! Talk to the package owner. At least try to. Negotiate whether
you could help with preparing updates in bodhi. There are packagers who
enjoy team-work actually.

I know that some packagers do scratch-builds before branching something
and submitting a normal build job. Based on the existance of a successful
build in koji, one cannot assume anything about whether it is ready to
become a test-update.